Human Resources Generalist
Location: Lima, Ohio, United States
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing the complete scope of HR-related duties in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers human resource plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Communicates, explains and manages personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates with the HR Director and Plant Management in developing department goals, objectives, and systems for the facility.
- Follows the employment requisition process.
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager to develop staffing strategies and leads the hiring process at the facility.
- Posts open positions internally and externally, reviews resumes, schedules interviews and completes reference checks.
- Assists Talent Acquisition Manager with job fairs, career fairs and college recruiting as requested.
- Presents offers of employment and schedules necessary background, physical testing and drug testing.
- Adds new employees to HRIS system.
- Conducts new employee onboarding, orientation and training for new hires.
- Communicates benefit information to employees during onboarding and enters employees into the benefits management system.
- Reviews retention with Plant Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager and develops plans to increase retention as needed.
- Trains Supervisors on the time and attendance process for the facility, and monitors the process weekly to ensure that payroll information is timely to payroll departments.
- Process employee change requests, including payroll change of status and forwards this information to the Global Manager of Benefits and Compensation.
- Implements employee rewards and recognition.
- Works with the Training Manager to prepare an annual training plan for the facility.
- Facilitates training as necessary or sources outside training resources as necessary.
- Implement an employee recognition program.
- Is a member of the Wellness Committee and facilitates wellness activities in the facility
- Manages FMLA cases.
- Manages short term and long term disability cases.
- Communicates directly with Global Manager of Benefits and Compensation regarding employee issues regarding benefits.
- Handles employee relations as needed.
- Communicates with WPP HR Director regarding terminations or resignations. Gets counseling and guidance on terminations.
- Terminates employees from HR and other systems at end of employment.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as designated.
- Maintains human resource information system and keeps employee files up to date and accurate.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
This position has dotted line responsibility to Plant Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, and Training Manager.
- BA in HR or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in HR in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with HR technology
- Communicates effectively with employees and management
- Process organized
- Excellent written skills
- Show attention to detail
- Strong collaborator
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed