Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio, United States
Summary: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the execution of the facility’s equipment maintenance process. The primary objective of this position is to improve and sustain the value of Company assets while increasing reliability and lowering operating costs. They work to enable the successful operation of Company equipment so that the facility can meet production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies to assure that environment, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results.
- Actively participate in Monthly Safety Meetings and perform safety audits. · Provide support staff with technical guidance and advice on all areas of the manufacturing process, plant operations, design of process equipment, and the application of new technology.
- Completes work in accordance with quality standards and policies.
- Completes work orders and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and logs data in the Maintenance Management System.
- Record parts used on particular equipment in the Maintenance Management System.
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
- Performs electrical work in accordance with the NEC code. ·
- Responsible for understanding and/or assigning resources for the purpose of maintaining production uptime. ·
- Individual has responsibility for product quality and is authorized to stop production in order to correct quality issues.
- Works to reduce changeover times using quick changeover methodology. · Initiates blank work orders in Maintenance Management System.
- Contributes to all work being completed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner by coordinating the activities of the Inspection, Planning and Execution functions of the maintenance organization.
- Provides input for proper retention of spare parts to keep the minimum stores inventory necessary to ensure uninterrupted operation of the plant while minimizing the non-working assets in stores inventory.
- Provide leadership in improving the efficiency, consistency and productivity of the manufacturing process.
- Interface with vendors, contractors, and engineering firms whose functions are to provide project support with engineering and technical know-how associated with capital project installations.
- Maintain high equipment reliability.
- Circuit equipment inspection and trouble shooting. This includes walkthroughs of all equipment lines. Also includes physical inspections (internal and external) of equipment in these areas, such as silos, feeders, extruders, and material handling equipment. This will require ability to walk up/down stairs and ladders, and internally inspecting equipment that has been stopped.
- Document new and existing electrical installations.
- Performs duties such as welding, grinding, metal fabrication, plumbing, carpentry, and painting.
- Works as a Rigger for certain jobs.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
Preferred Experience, Training, and Skills:
- Knowledge of the facility, the process, maintenance, materials, and its people. ·
- Must be able to read and follow Blueprints.
- Must be able to utilize/read a volt meter and troubleshoot.
- 1-2+ years of basic electrical experience and/or formal training.
- Ability to weld and fabricate to apply solutions after diagnosis of repair requirements.
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, software and logic.
Physical Requirements: ·
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 12 hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend/stoop repeatedly during a shift.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 25 lbs. repeatedly during a shift.
- Must be able to walk up/down flights of stairs repeatedly during a shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate of Science or technical degree preferred.