Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio, United States
Summary: The Quality Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring product and color quality through all stages of production by working closely with the receiving, manufacturing, and shipping departments to detect and eliminate potential problems that would adversely affect product quality
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental:
- Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
- Actively participate in Monthly Safety Meetings, facilitates safety huddles, and perform audits as scheduled by the Safety leadership team.
Responsibility for Quality:
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
- Individual has responsibility for product quality and is authorized to stop production in order to correct quality problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Individual has the responsibility to ensure Customer requirements for product and color quality are addressed.
- Responsible for all stages of inspection and testing of materials for indications of potential processing problems.
- Actively engages in coaching sessions and pre-plans with co-workers.
- Assists manufacturing in performing testing per the product control plan.
- Checks the Tally Sheet against the Bill of Materials (BOM) to verify that the correct materials are being used in production. Implements corrective actions through operations incident investigation or PPC when necessary.
- Verifies final material, packaging, and labeling, including dock audits, prior to the release of material. Performs pre-shipment testing per customer requirements and product control plans.
- Checks for potential sources of contamination around the machines and performs general good housekeeping practices throughout the work area.
- Checks process conditions to verify they are current, accurate and complete. · Develop, sample and adjust color match samples to meet customer requirements as necessary.
- Provides technical support to production at all divisions.
- Leads and/or participates in problems solving sessions pertaining to internal operations, safety and external customer complaints as necessary.
- Monitors manufacturing to ensure product quality. Assists and trains personnel as needed.
- Maintains general housekeeping of Quality Assurance Laboratory and verifies operation of the laboratory equipment.
- When trained, performs as a back-up to Quality Manager, Shift Supervisor, or Shipping Supervisor.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, with at least 2 years of quality or manufacturing experience
- Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and statistical programs.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Laboratory Environment